WOW!!! I am so incredibly glad that yard sale is over. It ended up very big and tons of work... but don't they all? The good news is I made enough to buy the patio furniture we've needed for 5 years now, the bad news is we spent about that much having a tree removed!
On a side note, that was a much more emotionally difficult procedure than I expected it to be. Although the tree was encroaching on our house, is a junk tree that is terribly ugly, and is in the way of the addition we are hoping to build next year, there's just something inherently wrong with watching something older than me (probably older than my parents) being chopped to pieces and mulched to bits in a matter of a couple hours. I was nearly in tears!!! Okay, enough girly emotional stuff. In all practicality, our house is a spacious 700 sq feet, which is fine for a childless couple but NOT WORKING for a family of four. We do not have a dining area, and there is nowhere for a table and chairs. An addition is our only option, since moving in this housing market is NOT a good idea. SOOO, long story short, the tree had to go eventually, and there was a crew working down the street. They offered us a great deal, since they were already out here, and next thing I knew our tree was being chopped. Do I still get my patio furniture? We're still negotiating that...
Anyway, I'm glad it's over. We always say every yard sale is our last one, but every year I have another one. I guess they're kind of like kids. Every one is your last, but you secretly always want just one more!
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

2 comments:
Yes, your right about the kids- I desperatly want one more!!!
Well, you have three, so you need to make it an even number, right? Of course, that would mean I'm done, since I already have an even number... Hey, if there was someone giving away babies, I would take a few more in a heartbeat. There's just no way I could handle another pregnancy (plus my doctor strongly warned against it due to the whole heart issue) and adoption is just too expen$ive now that I am a stay-at-home mommy. *sigh*
Post a Comment