We dedicated Selah to the Lord on Mother's Day, May 13th. For anyone not familiar with the Baptist dedication ceremony, I'll give a brief synopsis. (The audio is very faint on the video clip, so it's hard to hear what's going on.) We stood before the church and promised to the best of our ability to raise Selah to, first of all, encourage her to come to know Christ as her personal Savior, and then to serve Him in whatever capacity He calls her to. Our pastor also asked anyone to stand who would also pledge to be a support to both us and our children in this endeavour. Everyone stood, which you can see on the video clip. He then prayed the dedication prayer. At the beginning of the ceremony, before the video clip starts, Pastor gave Selah a rose bud in a vase. Well, Elianna pipes up (loudly) "La-la hode sissy's fawah!" (Elianna hold Sissy's flower.) She then held it nicely through the rest of the ceremony. I was actually surprised how well behaved they both ended up being!!! Aside from a couple polite waves and a brief stint of nose-picking from Elianna, she just stood there good as gold. Selah was more interested in Pastor's voice and the little cross pin on his lapel than anything else. It is a brief and simple ceremony, but it is our way of letting everyone know how seriously we take our role as parents. It can get overwhelming sometimes, but it is a comfort to know we will have God and our faith to help guide us.
Here are some pictures:
Elianna leaving for the church - complete with bandaged forehead. I tried to take it off for the pictures, but it was all red and puffy... I figured the bandage was the lesser of the two evils.
A couple family pictures.

A Four Generation Picture - We got this same picture with Elianna. It's so special to have four generations of Christians in our family!

4 comments:
Wow! Is that hat your mom's wearing all the new rage?!? Lol
HA! That's too funny - I didn't even notice that!!! Yes, she's quite the trend-setter.
Hey, I know what you mean about expecting kids to act up during a quite time such as a baby dedication... During Alex's Allysann kept taking off Mike's glasses and poking him in the neck and other such shenigans then during Andrew's dedication she picked her nose and struck golg which she proceeded to wipe on her uncle Tom, and when the pastor was praying for me he layed his hand on my forehead and Alex who I was holding forcefully removed from my head so, consider yourself lucky that you have gentle children and not monsters like I do.HE HE HE!
I'll have to see the video of that one!! What's with our girls picking their nose during spiritual ceremonies???
Post a Comment