Wow, what a week this has been!!!! We have been running NON-STOP. Here's a quick run-down:
Monday: My parents had a BBQ, and we also had Chad's parents over. The guys played horseshoes, which I briefly attempted. When I realized the neighbors property and pets were in danger, I decided to end my horseshoe tossing career. Chad's family introduced us to croquet, though, which I did like! I felt like a snooty Englishwoman and managed to NOT lose almost every game. (It was close - Eric and I battled fiercely for last place.) My dad made these yummy teriyaki pork burgers with apples, onions, and a grilled pineapple. Dee-lish.
Tuesday: I took Elianna to a park with a structure designed for her age. She completely ignored it and played the entire time on the other structure, which was for 5-12 year-olds. We ran into an old friend/co-worker of mine, and set up a date to meet at a splash park not too far away. Sounds like fun - we can't wait to check it out. (Especially as HOT as it's been - yick.)
Wednesday: We got out early (for us) and visited a friend, Cherie, (and her family) whom I hadn't seen in a year and a half!! Elianna was terrified of their dog at first, but once she warmed up to them all she had a blast. I may start teaching piano again - Chad and I are still mulling this one over... If so, two of Cherie's kids will be taking them from me again. I also have had a few other inquiries, so we shall see...
Thursday: Our weekly playdate with Jen and the munchkins! We all tried to cram into Elianna's infant pool, and I have had to come to the conclusion that she has officially outgrown it! The kids were so crowded they could only stand in it. We've decided that Water Fun Day will be at Jen's house next week. (And I'll have to spring for a bigger kiddie pool.) Oh, and there is nothing more miserable than nursing when it is that blasted hot out. Jen and I were both ready to starve our poor babies - we were dying!
Soooo, needless to say, I am beat!!! And now, I have to prepare for our trip up north to visit G-ma and G-pa!! At least I'll get to relax up there for a bit... maybe. (Depends how awful my kids behave!)
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment