HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
This used to be a holiday I dreaded. Although I love my mom dearly, it was always a time when my own lack of children was especially poignant to me. Last year was technically my first Mother's Day with children, but as many of you know I was in the midst of my VEEEERY difficult pregnancy. At the time, it was just another day of barfing, dehydration, and a myriad of other miseries.
This year was different, though. I was healthy and I was able to really fully appreciate my two beautiful princesses. To top it off, we dedicated Selah in the evening service. (Pictures and hopefully a video clip to follow once I take the time to upload them...) Elianna even made me an adorable, hand-decorated flower pot at the mall, complete with a snapdragon in it. (And she even managed not to kill it before she gave it to me!!!) I just can't believe how quickly my life has changed. When in the midst of the adoption, we were hoping to have a baby by Christmas of 2005 (which we did - we brought Elianna home in August). If we had only known we would have TWO babies by Christmas of 2006!!! Life never turns out the way we plan. You know what? I like it better that way!

2 comments:
It is odd how things work out isn't?? In '03 when we started our TTC adventure I would have never thought we would have been successful and had two happy healthy babies by '05!!
Have to love the stress our children put us through before they're even here!
It has helped me to appreciate them more, especially on days when they're driving me crazy.
Post a Comment