Elianna: "La-la no like it. Suits lucky." (lucky = yucky)
Mommy: "They are not yucky. What about this one?" I held up a really cute retro looking bikini, my personal favorite.
Elianna: "It lucky. Awwww, teeny baby jammies!" She pulls off another onesie. (They were on the same rack, just around the corner.)
Mommy: "What about this one with Dora?"
Elianna: "Do-do lucky."
Mommy: "What about Nemo?"
Elianna, "No Nemo. No like suits, it lucky."
Mommy (getting annoyed): "Pick a suit, or we are going home!!"
So, she runs over and picks, literally, the ugliest suit there. It's this cheap, nerdy nautical looking one with loud stripes, polka dots, and this big anchor. She tosses it at me, then runs over and continues pointing out (and carrying around) all the cute baby clothes. I was torn - should I get the hideous one and ruin our pictures for the summer, or interevene and not let her make the decision. I intervened, partly because I couldn't handle that ridiculous thing and partly because she clearly couldn't care less anyway. Then, I noticed the grass skirts. I held that one up and asked her, "What about this one with a grass skirt?" That got her attention. It was big, bright and rustled loudly. "La-la like it!!!" Music to my ears. (I then realized that this was just a TINY taste of what shopping for clothes with two picky girls will be like. I am really in for it!!!) At least this time it ended peacefully, and although neither of us got our first choice we were able to settle on a compromise. We got home, got her lathered up with sunscreen and had our first "water fun day" outside!


1 comment:
I think the grass skirt is a cute compromise!!
Post a Comment