Selah has started waving! She was doing it sporadically for the last week, but Wednesday at church it was really obvious. It is too cute, she just grins from ear to ear and waves like crazy when you say "Hi!" to her. (Right hand only, by the way!) She also has gotten up her hands and knees, but instead of rocking she just flops her legs out and screams. I'm not sure what about it is making her so angry! She much prefers just sitting up, so she doesn't get much practice with crawling/scooting. She howls when I put her on her tummy, so for the most part I don't fight her. She'll crawl when she's good and ready.
Elianna's new fave phrases are, "I don't font to!" (I don't want to) and "I cahn't do it." ("I can't do it," complete with a British accent.) And if these don't work, if you ask her to do something that she doesn't want to do, she sits down with this exasperated look and says, "I'm just takin' a bwake." (A "break," to the lay person.) This "bwake" will last until she thinks you've forgotten what you asked her to do, which I unfortunately have a tendency to do. She has an amazing vocabulary for her age - which can be both good or bad! One of my favorites was once when Chad was teasing me one day. (Yes, I know it's hard to imagine Chad being annoying.) I was yelling at him to stop and leave me alone, and Elianna puts her hands on her hips and says, "Daddy, top bein' a noggish!" We about died laughing when we figured out she was saying, "Daddy, stop being obnoxious!" (Yes, I'm a mean mom, I use that word a lot.)
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment