THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!
to everyone that came out and helped. There are a few cosmetic details we still need to work on, plus the slide isn't on yet, but the hard part is definitely behind us now. Hooray!!!!
All Elianna talks about is her new "new fing-set" (new swing-set). So now, we have a fun place to play should any out-of-town cousins want to come and visit... (hint, hint)
Here's the "BEFORE" picture. Chad used a roto-tiller and Craig's four-wheeler with a snowplow to level the ground. (Yeah, it was redneck, but it got the job done!)

Mommy's grand contribution was to sort & label the lumber. Jonathan organized it by size for me, then I sorted it by step and labeled it with Elianna's sidewalk chalk.

Just getting started...

Papa Harvey's job was the swing hangers/monkey bar ladder.

The window is in!

Putting on the roof...

Here's what we have now!!! Still needs some work and a box for the woodchips, but Elianna is just happy to be able to "fing!"


8 comments:
Hmmmm... Am I supposed to be the one taking the hints?? Lol
We may be around after school gets out for the older two! Just as a stop through though.. The older two have requested to go fishing up north!
That hint is for any and all out-of-town family!!! We'd love for you to stop on your way through. We're hoping to go up north in the next couple weeks and introduce Elianna to fishing. I thought she would be too young, but Daddy and Papa disagree...
ya i know,i really did work my bum off on that swing set, but hey,ur family,nothings too much.o my arms are so sore,ya know,from all that hammering...who knew im such a great carpenter deep down...haha i love ya sis!
Ha, very funny, Sister Dearest. I won't tell anyone that you never actually touched a hammer. You did, however, bring brownies, so that was a VERY significant contribution in my opinion.
Now, if I can just convince you to stop typing like you're text messaging someone... (You know I had to tease you about it eventually.)
It's OK I didn't lift a finger to help either!! And I'm still managing to live with myself about it!!
Hey, If I remember correctly that #22 right in front of the picture was mine!!! And give your mom credit for working on the roof part. Papa H. seen this blog and loved it! I didn't get any brownies:(
Oh that's right I left before Sarah arrived.
Yeah, I figured someone would point out someone or something I forgot to mention. Sheesh - you just can't please everyone.
Melanie, you can just cheer us on and provide moral support. Or better yet, bring your munchkins here to try it out!
ummm,ok so i didnt actually "touch" a hammer...but i helped in more ways than u could ever know!!! that swing set would still be a useless pile of wood without me!!! we all know it!!!
Post a Comment