CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Visit to the Doctor...

I was feeling adventurous and made the girls' Well Child Check-ups on the same day, foolishly following the train of thought involving birds and stones. Then it hit me, do I REALLY want to deal with both of them... alone!??! Aaaak. So I called my Mommy. She graciously agreed to accompany me, and honestly I don't know how I would have kept Elianna corralled without her! The last time I brought Elianna to Selah's appointment, she discovered quickly how easy it was to open the door and streak down the hall before I could gather up her naked (except for a diaper) sister and chase her down. Yeah, I was glad my mom came along to help.

Overall, the girls are in great health and right on track developmentally. Dr. Brenner was still very impressed with Elianna's vocabulary and cognitive abilities, and assured me I was in for a lot of trouble with her since she is "exceptionally bright." (Her words, not mine, of course.) Selah wanted nothing to do with her or the nurse, and she just sat on my lap and glared at them. She is definitely not as social as her sister was!

Elianna is now of average height and weight (she was running a little short and skinny for a while, but seems to have caught up) and Selah is a bit bigger than average. (Has nothing to do with her nursing addiction, I'm sure.) The doctor about fell over when I told her that Selah hates solid foods, and I can force a few bites a day at the most. She pinched one of Selah's ample thighs and said, "That's ALL from nursing?!? She must be good at it!" Don't I know it. Then I had to endure Selah's next round of vaccinations - Waaah! I hate those. (So does Selah.) So, that's the "medical update." We thank the Lord for good health... and hope it continues!

No comments: