I was explaining to Elianna that now that the weather is getting nicer, we will no longer be watching Mary Poppins in the afternoon and would be playing outside instead. She thought about it, then burst into tears. "La-la fwatch Pop! La-la like Pop!!! La-la no like outside!" Now, being an avid opponent to encouraging screen addictions in youngsters, opting as many of you know not even to own a TV, I was quite devastated to see that even allowing videos had already had such an impact. So, I told her, "If you're already that attached to the TV, I'm going to throw it in the trash!" She stopped crying, wiped her nose, and gave me a condescending look. "TV no fit, Mommy. TV too beeg trash."
*sigh*
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

3 comments:
Stay firm and keep your stand and hang on tight because are going to be on the ride of your life with that one. Hehe Angela you are the Queen.
Coco
I tried Mary Poppins on the kids the other day.. Yeah they totally didn't even go for it!!
I was actually surprised Elianna is so into Mary Poppins, but I realized that she is all about the singing and dancing. She also loves "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" for the same reason.
Post a Comment