CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Elianna-isms

Okay, I have been meaning to write these down. Of course, I can't think of many now that I'm on the spot, so I will have to update this post when I think of more. When the English language does not contain a word that Elianna needs for a particular object or concept, she simply makes up her own. Here are some of her creations:

La-la-mon - (Literally, "Elianna mine" and is a long way of saying "mine") It sounds Jamaican, and she uses it when she is feeling territorial.
example
"Can I see your new book?"
"No! It's la-la-mon!"
La-la-me - (same concept, another way of saying "me")
Last more - A combination of "last one" and "one more"
example
"I think you've had enough crackers."
"Mommy, just a last more."
A louder bit - A rearrangement of "a little bit louder" This is used mainly in the car, or anywhere that we have control of the volume of music being played.

And of course, a GREAT source of comedy to the family is the fact that she replaces all her "W's" (and occasionally other letters) with "F's." With this in mind, "walk" becomes "fawk," which does not sound very nice when she is yelling to go for a walk. (Which she does frequently, since she will even stroll around the house if you'll walk with her.) She also likes to "Fatch" (watch) her DVD's, "Fop" (wrap) Todd in his blanket, "Fing" (swing) in her swing, get "Fat" (wet) by playing in water, and if you ask her where Daddy is, he's at "Fook" (work). Oh, and every now and then she declares, "My name is Fifi." The Fifi thing is a COMPLETE mystery, and anyone information helping to solve this would be greatly appreciated. She says it completely serious and doesn't understand why we think it's so funny. I'm guessing it's something she heard in a song or story... we will probably never know for sure.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Da-ta Da-ta = Music

Angela said...

That's right, she says it in this sing-song voice. Lately she's been saying "moo-nick" or "missick," but usually only if we remind her.