CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 19, 2007

That baby was WHAT?!?!

Elianna was paging through a Lifelines magazine, a publication of Bethany Christian Services, our adoption agency. I notice she is studying a picture of a family with their new baby. I am trying to familiarize her with adoption terminology, even if she is too young to grasp the concept... so I casually say, "See their new baby? See how happy they are? They have adopted that baby!" She whirls around and looks at me with this horrified expression. "They 'DOPTED the baby?" She asked incredulously. "Oooooh, pooh (poor) baby!" It took me a second to understand why she was so upset... and then I realize my little princess can't say her "R's." So when she says "Dopted" what she is really saying is "Dropped it." Naturally she was upset that this family was happy about dropping their baby... I guess she may be a bit too young for this concept!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

No she's not too young... Just needs clarification between dropped and adopted.