We've been out-of-town (again!) for the Annual Colombian Connection picnic. I have a ton of pictures to post of our trip, so sorry I've been MIA. Plus I have been battling a nasty virus that sapped all my energy AND gave me laryngitis. Neither of which are very fun with my two little darlings. I will try to get caught up on posting, but I am also trying to get caught up on my housework... so we'll see which one wins. I detest unpacking, so that is why I'm posting now instead of what I SHOULD be doing.
Anyway, some milestones I want to record before I forget...
I have not been as diligent about using baby signs with Selah as I was with Elianna, generally because now (with two kids) my hands always seem to be full. Be that as it may, Selah has started signing. There were a few times we were wondering if she was signing "more," but now she does it all the time, and with this intense look on her face. She also signs "all done," "touchdown," and claps for "hooray!" Sometimes she gets them all mixed up, and will just sign something random like waving "hi" for more. Then she gets mad and bangs on her tray as if to say, "Oh Mom, you know what I'm trying to say! Just give me more puffs!!" She is developing a bit of a temper, and can let out this shriek that will shatter glass. Elianna was a shrieker at 4 months, so I feel lucky that Selah is only now shrieking. She also crawls a few "steps" now, but then flops down. Or, she will rock really fast on her hands and knees, then THROW herself in the direction she wants. This generally ends up in a tear-filled face-plant, but this works for her. She pulls herself to standing all the time now, but has not perfected getting back down. This results in many tumbles... and more tears.
Elianna is getting a bit more impatient with Selah now that she is mobile and gets into her stuff. (Particularly her beloved books.) Still, overall, they really love each other and can make each other laugh and giggle as if they are sharing some inside joke. (They probably are! I don't even want to know what they are plotting...) Elianna is always making us laugh with her off-the-wall comments, so it's no wonder that Selah finds her so hilarious. They both just amaze us daily, and we are so thankful for the wonderful life God has blessed us with. Oh, I have my moments when I feel like I'm going insane, but then again, how much fun would a mommy be that wasn't a LITTLE bit cRaZy.
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

4 comments:
Well, Alex never signed and I haven't even tried to get Andrew to do anything ( I am still trying to keep him from crawling.) If he learns things as early as the other two did I am in big trouble. Of course, having three is a good way of losing weight but... I am glad to hear that some moms are standing firm in their teaching endeavors!!! I want to be just like you when I grow up!!!!
Oh, teaching my kids to sign is 10% to enrich their lives and 90% selfish motives. There was a HUGE reduction in tantrums and frustration when I started signing with Elianna. It made communication SOOO much easier for both of us during that annoying phase where their brains work faster than their verbal abilities. Selah is already getting a temper, so I am hoping to head off at least a bit of her frustration at the pass... She's a girl, though, they'll find all kinds of other things to be ticked off at me for anyway.
I tend to think of Selah's throwing her self at things when she is trying to crawl as a LAUNCH!
There you go! That is definitely what it looks like.
Post a Comment