CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 19, 2007

First Trip to the Zoo!

Sooo... after a busy weekend of camping, beach bumming, picnicking with Colombian friends... we decided to go to the zoo on the way home! Well, it wasn't exactly on the way, but close enough to make it worth it. Plus, with our zoo membership, we got in free!! (Free is always a plus...) This was Elianna's first trip to a zoo, and she just loved it.


Chad and Elianna took a camel ride, which I tried to take a video clip of... only to find out 2 seconds into the clip that I was out of memory!!!!! GRRRR!! So, here's the 2 second clip I got anyway, plus a couple pictures. (That's what I get for not clearing out my junk pictures before they started their ride!) After the ride, when Elianna saw the other camels in the zoo she said, "Now I want to ride that one!"




Okay, where are the monkeys in these pictures? (Sorry, I couldn't resist...)



There was a huge kid's area for "training" young explorers. Elianna liked trying out the saddle and LOVED the wooden train play structure (which we had to pry her off of - she is such a train fiend.)

Elianna's favorite part was the petting corral. She especially loved brushing the animals with all the different brushes that were available.

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

I can't resist either! The monkey picture looks like Elianna is grooming Chad's bald spot for bugs!

Angela said...

Hmmmm.... it does kinda look that way!
It was so funny, whenever she wanted to ride Chad's shoulders she'd say, "I want to wide on Daddy's head now!"

JBBGirl said...

Those pictures are too cute...I love the "Where are the little monkeys" one.

Sissy said...

The pictures are sooo cute. I love the zoo and the first trip is always the best one!