Check out this video on women who want to return to modest styles:
Girls Gone Mild
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=3408737
I was really impressed with this news story about women wanting to return to a more classy, stylish look instead of the trashy, sleazy fashions on most young celebrities. Think Audrey Hepburn instead of Paris Hilton. I was so saddened by the little girls talking about how they want to look and dress like Britney Spears. What are their mothers thinking?!? I fully believe in embracing your femininity and looking attractive, but flashing your thong and bra straps - EWWW!! I am so tired of seeing bra straps, it just screams "TRAILER TRASH" to me. Now, I have to admit, the models they show at the end with the "modest" fashions all look pretty dorky to me. I don't like jeans so low you have to wax, but at the same time those high-waisted jeans on the model just don't look good on anyone. MODERATION people. And that Burberry dress. Well, EW. But, even though I didn't personally care for their examples of modesty, I am glad to see this movement. We just don't see the classic style icons anymore - women who, like they mention on the video, were just classy and never showed their underwear. It breaks my heart when I see parents tossing their little girls' innocence in the garbage can in the name of fashion.
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

2 comments:
I totally agree...I had to post my opinion about it on my blog too. This needs to be shared and encouraged and sent to others. Thanks for find that!
I am glad to see that women are finally going back to a more modest look! I thought for awhile that we were the only ones!!!
Post a Comment