CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Budding Artist

Elianna has this habit of singing to herself all the time, and generally she makes up both the words and the tune to go along with whatever she is thinking, feeling, doing, or has recently done. Well, she was painting merrily away, and I was sitting at my counter working on taping a book back together that had been ripped to pieces. Now, this is tedious and detail-oriented work, so I wasn't really listening to her or paying attention to her. I would hand her a different painting implement when she asked, but didn't turn to watch her work. I could hear her singing one of her wandering tunes about the bridge she was painting, whether Allysann was coming over, how much she loved Papa, all the usual topics... until something caught my ear. She was singing, "Ooooh, I like to paaaaaaaint, and I paaaaaaaint on the waaaaaallll. With my paintbruuuuuuuush, on the waaaaaall." I turned around and sure enough! She had covered a section about 2' by 3' of the wall. I have no idea how long she was painting the wall instead of her paper!!! I guess I will have to pay more attention to her singing - who knows what else I'm missing! (It would be nice if she didn't outgrow this. I can just hear her as a teenager singing to herself, "Oooooh, I stayed out laaaate last night, but Mom didn't noooootice. I scratched the caaaaaaar, Dad will be maaaaad.")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! that was too funny!! ya that would be nice if she keeps doing that right? she is just too much! :o)