It's days like today I am SOOO thankful I have an understanding husband. We have one of those rare marriages where neither of us nags the other one about spending money. We both respect each other's judgment, we both know how much money is (or isn't!) in the bank, and on days like today when Chad comes home to a pile of shopping bags he knows I must have hit some great deals!!!!
I can't even REMEMBER the last time I just went out shopping. For the fun of it. With two little ones, shopping is a nightmare reserved only for staving off starvation, buying basic essentials, or dashing in to grab some last-minute forgotten item. It's never fun. Today, however, was Elianna's day with Grandma, Selah was in a great mood, and I had gotten a postcard from Toys 'R Us saying that all their clearance was 1/2 off. (They do this twice a year, and it's a great time to stock up on clothes for the next season at a fraction of the price.) So, I packed Selah up and off we went. Of course, I can't drive all the way to Toys 'R Us and not check out Old Navy... and a few other stores. Selah was a doll, grinning, waving and giggling at everyone. I even found a skirt I have been eyeing for months... for 40% off! (So naturally I had to buy the shirt to go with it!) I had so much fun actually shopping. Not glancing at racks as I fly by headed for the diapers that Elianna just ran out of. I mean BROWSING. Wandering aimlessly through the clothes. Trying stuff on just for the heck of it. *Sigh* It was great. I originally told my Mumsie-in-law that I had planned on getting the house cleaned.... and I ended up getting home just minutes before she got back with Elianna! So, my house was still exactly the way I left it this morning, there are all my great finds all over the couch... and Chad surprises me by coming home early! As I said earlier, I am SOOO glad he is the understanding type. (He was actually impressed with all the deals I found!) He also didn't care about the cluttered house. In fact, after dinner we walked to the lake and fed the ducks the rest of the evening. What a way to end the day! So, my house is still a mess, but it can wait. Life doesn't.
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

3 comments:
hey i saw u at kmart that day!(or am i not supposed to tell people u buy clothes there lol!!!)several people came up to me after u left and said "that was ur sister right?she looks JUST LIKE u!!! And her baby is ADORABLE!!" haha,it was nice! And its always fun "helping" a customer who happens to be my sis!! :o) u should come see me more often...well as long as my mjr isnt there,i would have probly gotten in trouble if she was that day LOL!!
Hey you were waiting on a PAYING customer, so your manager would have nothing to complain about.
The funniest part is when I brought Elianna home and after going through all the new clothes; Elianna picked one outfit and said," I like this bootiful(beautiful) one!" and it was the one you liked LEAST!!!
Post a Comment