CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mom kicked off plane!

I am so disgusted, you just have to read this story!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070712/ap_on_re_us/toddler_booted

Click here for a short video clip of the story

I was so appalled when I read this story. Many of you know I have personally suffered abuse and discrimination due to the fact I am a mother of a young child that will not endanger my child's welfare. (I refused to wean my child in order to serve jury duty and was threatened with CPS.) Naturally, then, I have a deep sympathy for mothers with young children who are mistreated. I read this story about a woman who was kicked off a plane because her toddler was talking too much!!! Not crying, throwing a fit, or yelling, just chattering and saying the same phrase over and over. (Sounds like just about every toddler I've ever come in contact with!) Trust me, if there was a miracle cure for stopping a kid from saying the same thing over and over and over and over, I would have bought the economy size bottle for Elianna. The part that made me the angriest was the quote, "It's called Baby Benadryl." Well, I hate to break it to this Einstein Flight attendant (who must be gorgeous since she was clearly not hired for her brains) but there is no such thing as Baby Benadryl! In fact, giving Benadryl to children under SIX years old is not recommended. Elianna just had a pretty bad allergic reaction, broke out in hives, the whole kaboodle, and they told me not to give her Benadryl! (They said she was too young, and in rare cases it can accelerate their heart to the point of putting them into cardiac arrest!!!) So, if some bimbo told me to give this to my child just to stop her talking... I'd list a few medications she could take, starting with Midol Extra Strength.

3 comments:

Sissy said...

Oh my goodness, next thing you know it will be illegal to even have children because they are such an "inconvienence". What is the world coming to? Now we, who are not likely to blow up a plane, are going to be given a hard time when we get on a plane because we have small children. Something is not right here. Again I say what is the world coming to?

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the time Leighanne got kicked out of church for babbling. We were at Aunt Lilly's church and it was a guest speaker. He stopped preaching and said something like either she's going to talk or I'm going to talk. I just wanted to crawl under the pew and die. The thing is I was just about to get up and walk to the back. Plus my first mistake was sitting up front with a toddler.

Coco

Angela said...

Ah yes, the infamous "holy and pious" crowd. As a Christian, I am truly embarrassed over those who have received a spiritual overdose of their own holiness. What good would embarrassing a young mother in a church service do for the Lord? They do more to hinder the work of Christ than those who they love to look down on. I think they are going to be in for a real shock when they stand before the Lord, ready to brag about all their spirituality and He graciously points out that, without charity, they missed the boat. You don't get points for pushing people away from God, no matter how holy you think you are in the process. I took Selah to a bridal shower the other day, and there were two or three of these spiritual giants that kept glaring at any child who dared make a peep. And trust me, Selah does more than peep. (although she wasn't the loudest one - there were three or four toddlers loudly enjoying themselves.) I guess I should have been embarrassed, but quite frankly I am sick of those people (no matter where we find them - in planes or church pews) who treat moms as if we have done something WRONG by having a young child!!! Keep up the attitude and I just might adopt another one. (hee, hee, don't let Chad read that...)