Thank you to everyone who has asked about visiting. At this point, we are still keeping visits to a minimum and on a day-to-day basis. Any extra stimulation uses up energy we want the twins to use to get healthy right now. They are getting stronger, but each day brings different setbacks. It's only been a week, though, so we are very optimistic based on the progress they have made.
If you would like to visit, just call me ahead of time on my cell, and I will let you know what kind of day the twins are having. I feel guilty telling some people not to come, but some days they are struggling harder than others. And you never know, if it's a good day I LOVE having company! The days get very l-o-n-g sitting the in NICU alone. So just call ahead and we can work it out. I would also ask that if you come, please try to limit it to two people at a time. The NICU is very crowded, so that is all they allow in at a time. It also keeps it calmer for the babies. At this point a parent has to be there to escort any visitors, so again just make sure we work it out ahead of time so I can get you in.
Some basic guidelines when visiting:
Wash your hands when you enter the NICU (There's a sink by the door.)
Stay by our babies' bedside (don't peek at other babies, tempting though it is).
Try to keep what you carry in to a minimum - purses, bags, etc.. all carry lots of germs. Cameras are fine, just sanitize your hands after you put your camera down.
Sanitize your hands anytime you touch anything, or when you go from one baby to the other. Infection is the #1 danger at this point!
If you have pets, try to come as "hair free" as possible, since pet dander irritates delicate little lungs.
No children under 14 (Once you see inside the NICU, you'll understand why they have this rule!)
Thanks for understanding, and I look forward to working out visits! I think my little guys are adorable, so naturally I can't wait for you to meet them.
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

1 comment:
Awwww I wish I could see!!!
Post a Comment