CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

No place like home?

I had the weirdest experience, and it's actually a little embarrassing to share BUT I figured I could use the prayers. I haven't been home since January, between being in the hospital and being on bed rest at my in-laws. Since the babies were born, we've still been staying with my in-laws so I can be here at the hospital. Anyway, there were a few things I needed to grab, so I stopped by the other day. As soon as I walked in the living room, I started to have a panic attack. I used to have them as a young child and into my late teens/early twenties, but I have not had anything like it happen in years. I tried to ignore it, but it got progressively worse. Finally it got to the point where I was just haphazardly grabbing what I needed off my list and trying to ignore the panic welling up. WEIRD!!!! I finally just had to leave, even though I didn't get everything I needed. It took about five minutes driving down the road to calm back down. I don't know if this is a kind of postpartum hormone craziness or what! My sister suggested it was seeing the living room set up exactly the way it was all those months I was sick. (It was exactly the way I left it, with the couch made up like a bed and my table with my meds next to it, etc...) Sort of a PTSD kind of thing, since being that sick for so long really does mess with your mind. I knew I had been having mental issues coping while I was sick, but I assumed it would all go away once I was better and the babies were born. (Especially since they are doing so much better than we'd hoped.) Needless to say, I would really appreciate your prayers. I have not felt like I was struggling emotionally to that extent (not any more than would be expected in this situation) so this really caught me off guard. I am hoping it's just a hormonal thing and it will pass!!!! It will be quite an inconvenience if I am petrified of my own home. ;0) I have been having a much harder time recovering from this pregnancy than I expected. This one really kicked my butt!! I am still in a lot of pain physically, which I wasn't expecting to last this long. (Although part of it is my own fault, since I really was bad about keeping up with my physical therapy.) Anyhoo, I am hoping as I feel better physically this panic issue will resolve itself. Oh, and I'm having Chad rearrange the furniture to see if that helps! ;0)

No comments: