Yep, that's putting it mildly. Both girls got hit with a nasty tummy bug and were up ALL night. We went through, literally, every set of sheets and every blanket in the house. I did six loads of illness-related laundry in two days!!!!
Selah had it the worst. Although she is generally the healthier of the two, she is MUCH more sensitive to these tummy bugs.
Elianna's illness was entirely my fault. I had just been chatting with my mom on the phone and mentioned that
Elianna had never thrown up with a stomach flu!!! (What was I THINKING saying that out loud!) Of course the next night
Elianna was up puking all night long. This also happened to be the night Chad had to leave for work at 2:30 a.m. Since
Elianna's last vomiting episode was at 2:38, he headed to work with no sleep, picked up his truck, and drove all the way to Indiana. To add insult to injury, he got the bug the next day. It just doesn't pay to be a nice guy! I felt so bad for him, I almost forgot to feel sorry for myself having to take care of the girls the next two days alone while he was out of town! Fortunately, my mom made an emergency run to
Wal-mart for me, dropping off the flu essentials: saltine crackers,
ramen noodles, white bread for toast, ginger ale and Jello. Later, my sister and Eric brought me some real food. Well, okay, it was fast food, but up to this point I had only had time to eat the leftovers from whatever gross-
ness I had made for the girls. Namely, cold
ramen noodles, dry white toast, and slimy orange Jello. So Wendy's was a gourmet treat. I have been scrubbing floors, tubs and anything else that got splattered, and so far I have escaped unscathed. Even if I get it now, the girls seem to be on the mend so it will be better now than earlier!!!
4 comments:
Oh Barf fest...I remember those days well. Thankfully I only have one to worry about. I taught her early on when her stomach is not feeling well to use a small bucket lined with a plastic bag. It sure made clean up easier. I know that Selah is too young to understand, but a small bucket or small garage can might work for Elianna. I know it is easy for me to say, but be thankful they got sick now, so hopefully they will be well for the up coming Holidays.
Love ya,
Coco
Oh, I was fortunate with Elianna. At night she would just let 'er fly wherever, but during the day she would actually use a large bowl or the toilet. She was VERY upset about puke on the floor (or wherever) so she actually liked the idea of being able to control where it landed. To some extent.
Of course, I had to keep yelling at her to stop putting her barf bowl on Selah's head... which they both thought was so hilarious. Ew.
Oh I feel your pain...we were experiencing it at exactly the same time too!! CRAZY!! See even though we live far a part we can all still barf together HA HA!
Love ya!
Jess
Hey, I am sorry that you had to deal with the girls all by yourself. YOu should have called me I could have done something to help you! Isn't interesting how kids now just when to get sick or even our bodies know when the most inconvienent time to be ill. I hope that every one is feeling better now!
Post a Comment