CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Make it STOP!

WOW - we have been buried here with the latest snowfall. Our church even cancelled services on Sunday for the first time in 22 years! Our car is useless - we can barely get it out of the driveway. (Part of that is the new tires we just got for the car. They are TERRIBLE!!! I have spun out three times, and one of those times I rear-ended a very nice guy in a very nice sports car. Since my speed was at a crawl, I barely left a mark, and he graciously did not file a police report. It would have been my ticket, so naturally I wasn't going to argue...)

It is also VERY cold, so we haven't been playing outside very much. I have a "no playing outside below 25 degrees" rule. Call me paranoid, but my eldest daughter has no concept of cold and would play even if her fingers got frostbite and fell off. She will play in the snow until it's too dark to see, and even then you have to drag her inside kicking and screaming. My younger daughter detests the snow. Well, she detests her snowsuit and all the related paraphernalia, since she can barely walk, see, and/or do anything besides stand there with her arms straight out until a stiff breeze knocks her on her bottom. Then she rolls around and shrieks while her sister laughs at her until someone picks her back up. So, I guess it's understandable why Selah hates playing in the snow. Elianna on the other hand just has a blast. She runs around, throws snowballs, flies down her slide (it gets very slippery) and whatever else she can think of. It's not been warm enough to build a snowman, since everyone knows the snow won't pack together if the temp is below freezing... which it has been since the snow fell.

So anyway, that's the excitement around here!!

2 comments:

Sissy said...

Hey so when Selah falls she can't get up either huh? That reminds me of that part in A Christmas Story when the mom is dressing the boy and he starts crying becuase he can't put his arms down and his mom tells him to pu them down when he gets to school! I bet she looks really cute in her suit though!

Melanie said...

Ok where are all the pictures of this stuff....
I soooo do miss the snow!