CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 3, 2007

Little Miss Jabber Jaws

I can't believe how quickly Selah is picking up words, and how clearly she pronounces some of them. Of course, this can be embarrassing in public when she leans over, points at her booty and says, "Poop!" Or another red-faced moment was when we were in the library and I was asking the librarian for help with my account. Selah starts signing "nurse" and I ignore her. I have her almost completely weaned, and she has never asked to nurse in public before... and suddenly she yells, "Mama Niss! Mama Niss!" I don't think anyone knew what she was saying, although she was smacking my chest. I have no idea where that came from, and she hasn't done it in public since!

Anyway, I will try to think of as many words as I think of that she uses regularly, and will update this as I think of them.

Hi! (one of her first very clear words)
Dat or Waddat (that or what's that)
Baby
Uh-Oh
Brrrrr! (Whenever she's cold)
Mah (more or milk, depending what hand sign goes with it)
Up, up!
All Dah (all done, includes hand sign)
Lah-Lah (I love you, includes the hand sign Elianna made up when she was a baby, which is running your hand down your cheek. Chad always touched Elianna's cheek when he said "I love you" when she was a baby, so one day she rubbed her own cheek and said "I lah loo!" That became our own "made-up" sign for I love you. Now, Selah sees her do that and does the same thing. Too Cute!!!
Mama
Daddy
Nana
Papa
(She also does Papa in her "scary voice." Tell her to be scary, and she growls Paaa-Paaaa in this deep, creepy voice. Glenn loves it.)
Niss (nurse)
Nigh-nigh (night-night)
Bye-bye
Bah-Dee (belly)
Eyes
Nose

EEEEs (ears)
Tah (tongue, and then she sticks it out at you)
No, no, no (complete with finger pointing)
Booh (book)
Peetah-boo (peek-a-booh. For the longest time, she would just say "Peetah!" It took months before she added the "boo" and sometimes it would come a few seconds later. Peetah!... pause... Booh!)
Boo-dah-bah (beautiful, goes with the hand sign)
Mmmmmm-mah (kiss)
Tay-Too (thank you)
Dah (dog)
Num-num-num (food - she makes this chewing sound)
Mine! (I hear this from both girls all day long)

She also sings a loud, long, "Laaaaaaaah" whenever she hears music, and sways back and forth. She's not nearly as into music as Elianna, but she still enjoys it.

All of this is in addition to a steady barrage of babbling in her own private language. She will ramble on and on, and then stop and laugh as if she made some hilarious joke, or wrinkle up her nose and make this panting/snorting sound that is just too funny. She and Elianna will sit and chat for the longest time, I can't help but wonder if they understand each other!!!