CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Toys 'R Us

We went to Toys 'R Us on Saturday for Geoffrey's birthday party. (Well, technically I went because there were some killer sales, and with Selah's birthday coming up I had to stock up...) Elianna, however, thinks we went because it was Geoffrey's birthday. She was so excited to see him, she kept running up and giving him hugs and high fives. They had stations set up throughout the store with crafts, and they were handing out free musical instruments that you could play and march around with Geoffrey in his "birthday parade." (The parade consisted of very happy children marching, dancing, and playing their instruments alongside Dads that had that "I can't believe I'm doing something this lame / I will die if anyone I know sees me doing this" look on their faces. Elianna had a blast, though, and Selah just loved eating her musical instrument. We spent too much money, but we got lots of cool stuff for both girls. (Most of which we packed in the attic for Christmas.)

Now I have to get used to Elianna being older. We got into the house, and Chad socked all the toys into the attic. Elianna looks around and says, "Hey! Where are all my toys?" I asked, "Which toys? You have toys right here." She shook her head, "No! I mean the new toys! The ones we got at the toy store! The ones we bought at the birthday party!" She then started naming off some of them, and I mumbled something about getting them later and distracted her with a bowl of goldfish crackers. I guess it's time to be a little more "suave" with hiding stuff we buy in front of her....

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Ohhh yeah I had this problem with Jaycob last year!! And of course this year is no different, except I have to worry about Abygail too!! When the heck am I supposed to get my shopping done!?

Angela said...

I know!!!!! Christmas shopping is going to be a pain. Of course, i could always lie and say the stuff is for their sister. Then, when they open the gifts, they will start fighting over the toys and it will be a big free-for-all. Holiday cheer at its finest.

Anonymous said...

Angela, Be careful with saying it is for your sister. One time I wanted to buy a coat for Leighanne, so I went shopping with Aunt Annie and Leighanne and we told her that Aunt Annie wanted to buy the coat for Brianna, (Uncle Marcel's great niece). Well at Christmas when Leighanne opened the coat she was confused and she kept saying this isn't my coat it is Brianna's coat. And she never did like that coat. I think she was about 4 yrs old. You will have to have an annual shopping day and Leighanne and I will come babysit. Sorry Melanie you live too far.
Coco