It's hard to find a good Harvest Festival when you don't celebrate Halloween... but we were fortunate to find one! There was nothing scary, ghoulish, or in any way Halloween related. Hooray! It was more of an old-fashioned harvest celebration, with activities like making corn husk dolls, butter churning, candle dipping, Indian corn jewelry, stamping, leaf rubbing, soap carving, basket weaving, a nickel dig, old fashioned game tables, quilting, spinning, you name it!!! They also had a small petting animal section and (Elianna's favorite) free pony rides. All Elianna cared about was riding a pony and getting a hot dog. I don't buy hot dogs at home (ew!) so to my daughter they are a treat. I think they're gross, but hey! She has her own opinions. Since we had to get ready for Selah's party, we weren't able to stay very long. Hopefully they will have it again next year!
Here are the pictures... and since everyone keeps making fun of me because I put the captions over my pictures, I will put them under the pictures from now on.

Eating her long-awaited hot dog.

Selah was SOOO excited when I made her a corn husk doll. Elianna hated hers and gave it to Selah.

The best part for Elianna - PONY RIDE!!


Feeding and petting the critters

This was really hard!! So I ended up doing all the work and Elianna just played with the scissors.

Elianna did enjoy making leaf rubbings, though.
Here are the pictures... and since everyone keeps making fun of me because I put the captions over my pictures, I will put them under the pictures from now on.
Eating her long-awaited hot dog.
Selah was SOOO excited when I made her a corn husk doll. Elianna hated hers and gave it to Selah.
The best part for Elianna - PONY RIDE!!


Feeding and petting the critters

This was really hard!! So I ended up doing all the work and Elianna just played with the scissors.

Elianna did enjoy making leaf rubbings, though.

2 comments:
I love Selah's shirt!!
Thanks! It's yet another one of my resale store finds... I was looking for jeans for Elianna and came across that shirt. I had to have it! I just love resale shops.
Post a Comment