I heard this song at a ladies retreat a couple years ago, and it has been going through my mind. Ever since I was little, there have been times when I have tried to imagine what it will be like to be in Heaven before the Lord. It is just amazing to me to know that someone I love so dearly is experiencing it all right now. Knowing the joy and wonder she is feeling now makes it easier to let her go.
I Can Only Imagine
I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side
I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me
I can only imagine
Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel,
Will I dance for you Jesus, or in awe of you be still,
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I shout hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I am standing
In the Son
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever and ever
Worship you
I can only imagine
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

3 comments:
Angela,
I love that song. It usually brings tears to my eyes when I hear it. In fact when I heard about your Gramma passing, that weekend that song came to mind.
Love Ya,
Coco
When we were at the hospital just hours after she passed away, my Grandma's pastor's wife gave me a hug and whispered in my ear, "Just imagine the look on your grandma's face right now. She is just in awe right now." Instantly I pictured her face staring up at the Lord, and I can't even begin to describe the comfort that washed over me. I still miss her so much, and I always will, but this just keeps my perspective right.
I love this song and struggle to keep my emotions in tack when I hear but I also know another one that's like it the words just say "Better is one day in Your house Better is one day in your courts, Better is one day in your house than thousands else where." I think that as much as we miss our loved ones that it's nice to know they are happier in the presence of God than anywhere else in this world.
Post a Comment