CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Home for the weekend

Last night the smaller baby didn't do so hot on his BPP (one of the tests they do) so they retested him this morning... and he passed with flying colors. He is now showing the practice breathing movements and seems fairly active. So, they decided to let me go home for the weekend, and then I will be going back to the hospital for outpatient testing throughout next week. If the babies do well on their tests, I will have two days in between tests. If not, I have to go back the next day and possibly be admitted again. Needless to say, they are still monitoring me closely, but they said the babies look healthy and stable enough for me to take a couple days off from my lovely hospital stay. This will be a very crazy couple of weeks (or however long) between running to the hospital for testing and arranging child care, but so far I have had lots of offers to help for either helping with transportation (since we will not have another vehicle till Feb 7th) or offering to watch the girls. Even today my cousins drove up to the hospital to surprise me and pick me up and take me home - what a treat!!

I am on modified bedrest at this point, which is stricter than what I was on, but again we are working it out that I can either stay with family or people will come to my house to help out. It has been great how people have stepped up. The doctors don't seem to think the babies will be able to stay in more than a week or two at most, but it is in God's hands. He'll let us know when they are ready! Until then, keep praying...

Thanks for everyone who came and visited, called, and all the other fun stuff. I especially appreciate the positive words of encouragement - that really goes a long way with a worried mommy! I was just so overwhelmed at the effort people put into helping us out, even though for some it was quite an inconvenience to drive that far to U of M. To top it off, when I came home, I found my aunt busily trying to unearth what had once been our home. (Yes, it was that messy.) To give to another person without expecting something in return is rare, and I was so thankful and humbled to see our friends and family that pitched in just to help, without expecting anything back. This has been a physically and emotionally grueling time, and as the babies' delivery nears I know we are going to be quite frazzled to say the least! Please know how much your kindness and generosity helps us through!!

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

I'm sure the girls are so happy you are home. Take care of yourself and remember people get a blessing by blessing you.
Love, Mumsie