CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Thanks, Mystery Giver!!

It's funny how just about the time you start to panic about something, God steps in and provides... making you feel silly for worrying! First of all, I want to thank the Mystery Giver who sent us the letter and money around Christmas for the babies. I have to admit, my faith has been a little shaky as we get closer to the end of this pregnancy with no baby gear. One day, I was especially down about it, and I assume it was some kind of early "nesting" or something. I decided on a whim to check Craigslist... again... for some of the bare essentials I knew we needed to get started. My current hang-up? A baby bed/bassinet and car seats. I know there are other things you need to get started, but these were the two things I was thinking about. Okay, obsessing about! I have been checking Craigslist on the rare occasions I can get to the computer, but the only car seats I was finding were too old or too dirty. Well, this one day I decided to price new ones, and boy did I get sticker shock! We were blessed to find Elianna's car seat on clearance (part of a stroller travel system) for about half the price of a single car seat, and we used that for Selah as well. And OF COURSE that stuff is all gone now, since I purged my house of anything "baby" last year. Argh. So, back to Craigslist I go, and I find a listing that said "Twin Boys Baby items." Hmm, that sounded promising! I clicked on it, and found a phone number, which is unusual for Craigslist. I called the lady, and found out she was a grandma to identical twin boys who just turned a year old. (And apparently, she was having the same baby purge issue I had last year.) Included in her items for sale? Two "like new" car seats EXACTLY like the new ones I had picked out. The first price she quoted me was a bit higher than I was hoping, but she eventually lowered the price... and then threw in THREE bouncers, a bag of misc baby stuff/toys and two diaper boxes full of adorable little tiny boy clothes (including a few cute matching outfits!)! All of this was for the exact amount that the Mystery Person sent us in the mail, about the price of one new car seat. YAY!!!! The same day I found one of the bassinets I wanted on ebay for half the price of a new one. (Now we just have to pray I find another one like it... they are hard to find!) I was feeling pretty good about these finds when my mom calls and said she found a rack of onesies at Target for 25 cents each. (Naturally, she cleaned them out!) By the end of the day, I had learned my lesson. God knows what we need, and He will supply our needs. Oh, I'm sure I'll still worry now and then - I'm not that spiritual! But, it did remind me that I can't control everything in our life, and sometimes I just have to let go and let God take care of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for his goodness, and you know that only God would know how much you needed and provide just the right amount. What an awesome God we serve. I will continue to pray for the safe arrival of the boys.

Love ya,
Aunt Coco

Elizabeth said...

You never know what God lays on the hearts of people. He is SO good!