I know this may be getting redundant, but again I need to say thanks to those who are really going out of their way to help us out. My family has been a huge help with taking care of the girls. Although I am still not on full bed rest (yay!) I am not supposed to be on my feet if I can avoid it. Which is a joke with a 2 and 3-year-old. So, our church has started bringing meals AGAIN, which is a great help to both me AND Chad. (And they're really yummy, too.) Also, we've had a couple guys bring us by some of their hunting bounty, so we have a freezer piled with venison, boar, fish and other goodies. (We've made a good dent in the venison already! And Sarah and Eric are making sweet and sour pork tonight with some boar roast. Yummmm...) You can't imagine what a help this is to have food in the freezer. Grocery shopping has become something of a luxury with time and energy at such a premium! Also, even with the ridiculous amount of snow we've been getting, our retired next-door neighbors have been diligently snow blowing and shovelling our driveway. Short of shovelling at 2:00 a.m., I don't know when Chad could possibly have done it, and our car had already gotten stuck twice. They even come over and clean off that humop you get at the end of your driveway when they plow. Talk about meticulous! We were just overwhelmed. When we thanked the man and his wife, he just said that when his wife had been pregnant over 30 years ago, he was, like Chad, also working a lot of hours and trying to keep up with running the household. After a big snow, his neighbor came over and kept their driveway clear. So, he figured it was his turn to pay it forward! I felt like crying!!!! Just like in the movies.
Anyway, we have been very humbled and are very grateful by how much our friends and family have helped us through this. I feel like you are not only helping us out, but you are helping give our babies the best possible chances, since so much stress is being lifted off by all this help in these different areas. Words really aren't enough, but THANK YOU. Okay, enough of this before I start crying again. ;0)
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment