CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm at U of M!

I was transferred last night when a bed opened up to U of M. So far, the staff here (doctors, residents, nurses, everyone) have been just wonderful. Very personable, down-to-earth and helpful. The room and food are nowhere near as nice as St Joe's, but that's not the priority now, right? ;0) I have met with the specialists and here is the basic plan at this point:

There are three main tests they are using to monitor the babies. Up till now, they have been passing them well. (The smaller twin is the only one having issues, the larger is still healthy and developing.) Unfortunately, today the little twin didn't do so hot on his test so he will need to be reevaluated in the morning. If he fails again tomorrow, I will be staying. If he passes, they are considering letting me go home and come in for monitoring on an outpatient basis. They really want to keep them in as long as possible, especially since the little twin is still so tiny. (He was checked today, and he is still not quite two pounds.) So, things are still up in the air, but that is just how it's going to be from day to day! I am borrowing my cousin's laptop, so I have to keep this brief. (Thanks, Beth!) Once again, if you want to visit or call me directly you can e-mail me for my info (although I don't know when I'll have laptop access again) or just call Chad or my mom. Thanks SO MUCH again for all the prayers and support.

No comments: