CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Transfer Imminent

Well, the decision seems to have been made for us! The incoming group of doctors has decided they are not comfortable making the decisions related to the babies' care. I wanted to wait through the weekend, since I would then be 29 weeks, but they want to go the cautious route. I will be transferred to U of M sometime this afternoon or evening. Wah! I really love my doctor and current hospital, but she said that the decision of when to deliver the babies is a matter of life and death (or serious health issues) for the smaller twin. Therefore, it is just a decision better made with the combined expertise and more in-depth monitoring techniques I will receive at U of M. Logically, it is the right choice; emotionally, I have been crying all morning. I really wanted to deliver here, since I know the surgeons and like the NICU unit here better. (Although both hospitals have almost identical success rates.) Obviously, God is taking this decision out of our hands, though, so I will trust that His wisdom is greater than our emotions.

My other choice is that everyone pray that God heals Dr. Bryant and he can get back to work quickly. Then I can transfer back here and everything will be hunky dory! Okay, now I see why God takes over some of my decisions....

I've had people ask about visiting me. Personally, I love visitors, since I could be hospitalized for a while and it gets very isolating and monotonous. This laptop has been a sanity-saver, so I am hoping they offer something similar at U of M. If not, my boredom will increase exponentially. Anyway, though, don't feel obligated to visit, though, since I am not keeping score or anything! (Just don't expect a Christmas card next year. Oh wait, I didn't do Christmas cards this year!!!) Yesterday my cousins visited and even brought me cards, candy and puzzle books! My sissy-poo and her hubs came and stayed late even though they had to work, just to keep my spirits up. Our pastor and his wife stopped by, and with all the sicknesses and injuries going on at church or church family members, they have done a lot of hospital hopping. They are gems, though, we really love our church family. Again, it's nice to have the company, but honestly don't feel obligated. I do not have current room or phone number information because I'm not sure when the transfer is and I don't want to confuse anyone. Also, I will not post it publicly, so if you have my e-mail address or can send me a facebook message (or call my cell phone) I can get you my direct room phone # and whatever else you need to know once I am settled in at U of M. Of course, this is all contingent on my having access to a computer at U of M... I am hoping!

No comments: