CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Whose Yer Daddy?

I took the girls on a walk hitting yard sales around our block, and we were chatting with a nice lady down the street from us. She made the comment that we get ALL the time, "Wow, they're sisters? They don't look anything alike! One is so dark and one is so light." Now, Elianna is getting old enough that I respect her privacy and don't blab her personal history to every passer-by. So I just gave my usual, simple reply, which is, "Oh, the fair one is the spitting image of her Daddy. She looks just like her father." Before the woman could reply, Elianna blurted out, "And I look just like Uncle Johnny!"

I have no idea what she was talking about!!! She doesn't look anything like him, and I can only imagine what that woman was thinking! Hmmmm... that explains a lot. You could hear the crickets chirping. I just laughed it off, though, and said, "No, Selah looks like Daddy, and you look like me." I guess the neighborhood rumor mill will be churning now!

1 comment:

JBBGirl said...

just the thought of that makes my stomach churn LOL! Did you tell Jonathan? I bet he got a good laugh from it! Kids are hilarious! I love it!