Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Okay, so officially no one knows what that holiday is, but for our family, ANY excuse is a good one for a party!!! I made a big pan of green enchiladas and we stuffed ourselves with mock fried ice cream. (I didn't have time to make the real thing, so I made up my own version. I'll add the recipe when I get a chance - it's so yummy!!) Then we all just kick back and blab, play board games and watch movies. (You know, the typical wild partying we are known for.) I should have talked to Jess sooner, since she makes a really good virgin strawberry daiquiri colada. (We're not drinkers, which is great since it makes the drinks so much cheaper when you don't add the alcohol... hee, hee) But I didn't, so we settled for Pepsi with lime. Hey, that's a little bit Mexican, isn't it?
The party animals. (They're so weird.) Poor Jon has just started a new job and fell asleep after stuffing his face.
Mock Fried Ice Cream
Vanilla ice cream
1 cup corn flakes (give or take, depending how much you're making)
1 tablespoon (at least) cinnamon
Sugar to taste
Coarsely crush corn flakes and add cinnamon and a bit of sugar to taste. Add butter to pan and melt. Add cornflake mixture to pan, stir to coat and toast. (Stir constantly- it burns easily) Let it cool until it's just a bit warm. Scoop a ball of ice cream and roll it in the corn flake mixture, forming it into a ball. Put two scoops in a bowl. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Add whipped cream and a cherry. Dee-lish!




1 comment:
What a bunch of goobers on the couch. Tee hee hee! Man, I could go for some ice cream about now MMM MMM GOOD! I grew up being very familiar with Cinco de Mayo since well, in FL there are lots of Mexican People and in California too! Looks like you guys had a fun one for sure! HUGS!
Post a Comment