Well, the baby birds are all gone. The story we're telling
Elianna is they all flew away, but we fear foul play was involved (no pun intended), probably a feline assault. I was very sad and depressed, since we were really enjoying watching them grow and I had grown quite attached!! I guess I should have seen it coming, with the nest being in such an exposed place. I did my best to keep my yard closed, but cats can get over/around fences quite easily. I suspect that was the case, since we heard a cat one night, and the next day the nest was empty and moved several inches from the original spot.
Elianna was sad the first couple days, but now she's just happy she can use her slide again. Ah, the resiliency of childhood.
2 comments:
AAWWW that is so SAD! I would be so bummed. Dumb ole kitty cat! I do have to say that was one of the strangest places I've seen a bird put a nest especially a Robin. They usually are way up in some pretty big trees. Man, that is such a bummer. I was looking forward to seeing them grow too! Thank goodness kids are so resilient! Whew!
Ohhh yeah I meant to tell you... Jaycob is quite confused to our story of "they grew up and flew away" since our birdies are still in their nest!
Post a Comment