CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Unusual Visitors

I'm taking a break from Alabama blogging to introduce our new "house guests." One morning, we went out to find this at the top of the slide!



Now, I figured that the expectant parents would have enough sense to know that the top of a slide is a very dumb place for a nest, and I expected it to be abandoned. Imagine my surprise when I came out one morning, and Elianna says, "You wanna see my eggs? I counted one-two-three eggs. They're in my nest!" I figured she had put something into the empty nest and was pretending they were eggs. So I climbed up to take a peek, and here's what I found!





The mother is always nearby chattering furiously at us when we go outside, so we try to give them their space.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Copy cat!! You seen I blogged about my bird nest and just had to find a nest of your own huh???

JBBGirl said...

Robin eggs are so pretty though aren't they?That is too funny that you got the pic of the mom bird yapping away. LOL! Silly birds. I guess that must be where the term "Bird-head" comes from. I would have to say they were certainly being bird-headed when building this nest LOL! We had some Barn swallows build a nest on our porch last spring. It was neat for the kids to watch them build the nest, lay the eggs and watch the babies finally fly away. I took lots of pictures since we just looked right out our front door at the nest.