We took a trip to Maryland last week to visit Aunt "Mellie," Uncle Bryan, Jaycob and Aby. It was SOOOO nice to get a breath of spring!! While they were getting snow and single digit evenings here in Michigan, it was in the 60's in Maryland! It felt great to play outside in T-shirts and spring jackets... and was depressing to come back to the gloomy snow and ice. Okay, spring, we're ready when you are!!!
Although Elianna has flown on an airplane four times before, she was a baby and can't remember those trips. She was a bit nervous at first, but she really enjoyed the airport! The plane ride went very smoothly. The girls kept busy with all the snacks, toys, books, etc. that we brought them, and they slept all the way home. (Let's do a dance for Dimetapp!!) Elianna was more interested in eating her cheese crackers than the take-off, as you will see in the picture with her orange-flecked teeth. She also loved the express tram that we rode from one end of the airport to the other, which I suppose is more exciting (and roomy) than riding a plane. I can't count the comments I got on Elianna strolling through the airport with her little pilot bag, complete with Todd strapped to the top for the flight home. (We checked him on the flight there, and she complained the entire time. So, on the flight back, he enjoyed the view from her pilot case.)
Here are some pictures from the airport, some from the flight there, and some from the flight home:
I'll post more about the trip when I get a chance!










2 comments:
I just love the first picture. It looks like Elianna is going to have a faceoff with those 2 oriental people.
Coco
Hmmmm.... Looks like Todd was glad he made the trip via airplane instead USPS!!
Post a Comment