I have started having "School Time" with Elianna in the morning during Selah's nap. This is a special one-on-one time I spend with her working on something "academic." It can be playing a Memory game, tracing letters or numbers, reviewing shapes and colors, flash cards, or (her favorite) working in her dry-erase workbooks. I am trying to establish "school" in her mind as a fun learning time with Mommy's undivided attention. Elianna's love language is definitely "Quality Time." (For those of you who haven't read "The Five Love Languages" or "The Five Love Languages of Children" I would HIGHLY recommend them!!!! I can honestly say they have transformed both my marriage and my relationship with my kids.) Anyway, back to the point, this is always something Elianna really looks forward to, since she craves constant individual attention. She sits in my lap, and we work on whatever she is interested in. Well, yesterday, I was sipping coffee, and seeing Selah was napping contentedly, I asked Elianna "Are you ready for School Time?" She shook her head and said, "Nope." Normally, this is something she is excitedly looking forward to, so I was surprised at this response. I asked her, "Why don't you want to do school today?"
Her reply? "You are drinking coffee. I don't want to smell your breath!!"
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

2 comments:
I can totally relate HA HA! I have been given the stinky breath comment many times LOL! I think I have a complex about it now! HA! I accidentally slipped a toot and didn't realize that Isaac was within "Hearing Range" and he says, "Mommy, when you toot does that mean you are all out of GAS?" My face was soooo sooo RED! How do you answer a question like that! At least kids are honest! I love that quality! So CUTE!
Out of the mouths of Babes. You never have to wonder if you look bad or smell bad, they will certainly let you know.
Coco
Post a Comment