Elianna held up her arms to me, "Dance, Mommy, dance with La-la!" The song that was playing (off a CD that was a wedding favor at a friend's wedding) was a slow love song by Vince Gill, not the type conducive to her dipping and twirling dance style. "You won't like dancing to this song, it's a slow dancing song." I went back to loading the dishwasher. She was insistent, though, "La-la like dis one! La-la dance with Mommy!" So, I picked her up, and just gently started swaying back and forth. I expected her to get bored and want to get down, but she didn't. After a few seconds, she snuggled in, clasped her chubby little hands behind my neck and put her cheek up against mine. It suddenly became one of those moments where time just stands still, and your heart feels so full you can't even breathe. Just me and my little girl, slow dancing in the kitchen. The words of the song just seemed so appropriate,
Oh these days, I'll take these days
Over any other days I've ever known
Cause your sweet ways
Make these days
Feel like home...
Soon she'll be too big for me to hold her and she won't want to slow dance with her mom anymore. But for now, I'll take these days over any other days!
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment