*Warning! This is some heavy-duty emotional stuff, especially if you are a Mom. There are some disturbing images of a baby that was abused if you follow the link, but I was just so moved by their story I want to share it.
I am not one to jump on every "sad story" bandwagon that comes through my e-mail, but I have researched this story and found it to be true. (I have to admit, I had hoped so badly it wasn't.) I want to warn you ahead of time, I bawled my head off when I saw this. Not just tears running down, I mean all out CRYING!! I just can't imagine anyone hurting a baby like this.
You can read the story by following the link, but for a quick summary: baby Kaleb Schwade was dropped off at a baby-sitter's house, and when his parents picked him up they found him acting lethargic and not breathing right. They let him sleep, then when they tried to wake him he was unresponsive. Come to find out, he has severe brain damage from Shaken Baby Syndrome (courtesy of the baby-sitter) and even if he ever does wake up, he will be in a vegetative state. I watched the video clip and could only read a little of the blog. Like I said, I was just bawling. Part of it is, his smile resembles Selah (just the smile, not his face) and the thought of someone doing this to an innocent child... Great, now I'm all choked up again!!! I just want to share their story - the more people that can support them the better. I am NOT a fan of My Space, but I'm glad to see it's being used for something good for a change. (Although, you wouldn't believe all the gross people who post in the comments section. I guess that's the downside to having your story in a place frequented by so many perverts and weirdos...)
I am not one to jump on every "sad story" bandwagon that comes through my e-mail, but I have researched this story and found it to be true. (I have to admit, I had hoped so badly it wasn't.) I want to warn you ahead of time, I bawled my head off when I saw this. Not just tears running down, I mean all out CRYING!! I just can't imagine anyone hurting a baby like this.
You can read the story by following the link, but for a quick summary: baby Kaleb Schwade was dropped off at a baby-sitter's house, and when his parents picked him up they found him acting lethargic and not breathing right. They let him sleep, then when they tried to wake him he was unresponsive. Come to find out, he has severe brain damage from Shaken Baby Syndrome (courtesy of the baby-sitter) and even if he ever does wake up, he will be in a vegetative state. I watched the video clip and could only read a little of the blog. Like I said, I was just bawling. Part of it is, his smile resembles Selah (just the smile, not his face) and the thought of someone doing this to an innocent child... Great, now I'm all choked up again!!! I just want to share their story - the more people that can support them the better. I am NOT a fan of My Space, but I'm glad to see it's being used for something good for a change. (Although, you wouldn't believe all the gross people who post in the comments section. I guess that's the downside to having your story in a place frequented by so many perverts and weirdos...)
My first stop when researching stories is Snopes , so click here for their link about the Kaleb Schwade story if you want some verification.
Also, his mother updates her page almost daily, so you can keep up with the story if you want. Click here for his mother Kristy's blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment