CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Take a Stand

In a day when it is getting increasingly frowned upon to take a stand against the homosexual lifestyle, we conservative Christians need to be willing to defend our beliefs. The American Family Association is circulating a petition countering legislative efforts to make teaching against homosexuality a hate crime. I personally don't care what people do in the privacy of their bedroom, but don't push your lifestyle on me or try to force me to accept it. We Christians are so often accused of pushing our beliefs down people's throats, when in fact I think we are very often the ones suffering from people's intolerance. I suppose tolerance is only for perverts, artists, wife-beaters, etc..., not us "crazed" Bible-thumpers. If you disagree with me and think I'm a right-wing religious nut, well, that's okay with me. Just be sure to extend to me all the freedoms you are so willing to give to others.

P.S. As I've mentioned before, I like to use Snopes.com to look up the background of many of the e-mails I receive. Snopes has this petition and the supporting stories labeled as "false." The AFA isn't perfect, and can get a little carried away like all activist sites. (But then again, you should see some of the pro-gay activists! They aren't exactly saints, to put it mildly.) Anyway, here is the AFA's Response to Snopes

2 comments:

Sissy said...

Amen, I totally agree with you. I also don't want homosexuality shoved down my throat and more importantly down my kids throats. It is high time for christians to take a stand against it!

Anonymous said...

its funny how fast it became so "acceptable" really, remember when they first started putting it in movies and we were so offended by it? Now everyone thinks its funny, just another step closer to accepting it, a couple years ago it would have been something u just DONT laugh at, and look at us now...