

Cabin Fever was creeping in, so my mom and I decided to take the kids to Zoobilee. Fun for them... and getting out of the house for me! What a deal.
We all had such a blast, and I sure got a great work-out!! Elianna needed some help climbing up the platforms, and I was saddened to see that somehow (it's a medical miracle) she managed to inherit my gene that completely voids any coordination or athletic ability. It didn't slow her down, though, it just made climbing harder!! I tried teaching her several different climbing methods, and she was able to climb a bit on her own without my help. Selah is fearless, climbing on anything she could reach and laughing hysterically when I dropped her down the slide. She looked down her nose at the little toddler area, and kept begging anyone near the climbing platforms to pick her "Up, Up!!" (There was only one platform low enough for her to climb up on, and she got bored with that one after a while!) Elianna was more cautious, but after about 10 minutes or so she was whizzing down the slide on her own as well. I didn't get picture of her playing on it, but Elianna's favorite part was the little mock suspension bridge. (You can see it on the picture above.) She and the two friends she made spent a large chunk of time running back and forth over that bridge!


Elianna swinging on the ropes... while Selah (in the background) gleefully climbs the only platform low enough for her to reach!


Leave it to my girls to keep heading to the Reading Area... and I just kept kicking them out. Literacy and problem solving skills be darned, I didn't pay 9 bucks for them to do puzzles and read books! We could do that at home, or for free at the library. Get out there and climb, CLIMB my money's worth!! (Okay, I read them each one book before I kicked them out.)


They do puzzles as a team - Selah pulls off all the pieces, and Elianna reassembles it.

The pathetic little toddler area. Neither of the girls was very impressed.

Elianna saw one of the dads playing this video game, so she pulled up a chair to give it a try. It got boring, though, since I wouldn't give her any money.


Fun flying down the slide! Yes, I had to fling Selah down on her belly. If she went down on her bottom, she would slip back and bonk her head.

All tuckered out, relaxing for a bit!


Elianna swinging on the ropes... while Selah (in the background) gleefully climbs the only platform low enough for her to reach!


Leave it to my girls to keep heading to the Reading Area... and I just kept kicking them out. Literacy and problem solving skills be darned, I didn't pay 9 bucks for them to do puzzles and read books! We could do that at home, or for free at the library. Get out there and climb, CLIMB my money's worth!! (Okay, I read them each one book before I kicked them out.)


They do puzzles as a team - Selah pulls off all the pieces, and Elianna reassembles it.

The pathetic little toddler area. Neither of the girls was very impressed.

Elianna saw one of the dads playing this video game, so she pulled up a chair to give it a try. It got boring, though, since I wouldn't give her any money.


Fun flying down the slide! Yes, I had to fling Selah down on her belly. If she went down on her bottom, she would slip back and bonk her head.

All tuckered out, relaxing for a bit!

1 comment:
Awwww it looks like soooo much fun! I wish we had somewhere cool like that!
And I'm glad I'm not the only mother that pushes her kids to play to get her monies worth!!!
Post a Comment