CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First Assignments

I received my first job assignment yesterday, and another one (twice as long) today. Hooray! I'm in business now! At this point, all of my work is gone over by my manager, who then sends it back with the required corrections. YIKES. It looks to me like I make a ton of errors, but she said I am doing well for this phase of the training. I'll have to take her word for it! And so it begins...

8 comments:

JBBGirl said...

Good luck! Hope it goes well for you Ang!
Hugs,
Jess

Angela said...

Pray for me - this is frustrating work at this point!!!!

JBBGirl said...

I sure will! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Before long you will be an ole pro at it. Like I always tell my child, it takes practice, people are not generally excellent at anything right off the bat. Especially something new to them. Practice makes perfect. Give yourself a fair chance, I have faith in you. I will be praying for you.
P.S. I tried to proofread this comment for any errors. LOL

Love ya,
Coco

Angela said...

Yeah, Aunt Con, your error on the other blog could really have been taken the wrong way!! ;0) Good thing I know you love me.

Thanks for the encouragement!!! I sure can use it. I have completed two assignments, and the second one was twice as long and much harder...but that's a good sign that they trusted me with it. I am getting slightly faster, but still working at about 4-4.5 pages an hour! Yikes. (Yes, that works out to about 4 dollars an hour.) My dear friend Jen pointed out that I am making less than illegal immigrants. Poor me!

Still, although I have wanted to throw the computer out the window, or strangle the guy who talks with a VERY annoying speech pattern, I really am thankful for this opportunity. It's nice to be able to run upstairs and work whenever I get a free minute!!! (Usually naptime or at night.) And I have been one day early for both deadlines, so that will earn me more assignments - hooray!! Like I said, just keep praying for me, and also for my poor family that has to put up with me during this frustrating training phase.

Melanie said...

Awww... Well good luck!!

Sissy said...

Hey, at least you will work your way up! Most of the illegals will just stay at the same rate of pay forever.

Angela said...

Yeah, well, I HOPE I'll work my way up! I need to learn to type better - that would help. I taught myself to type incorrectly many moons ago, and I am having a devil of a time re-learning to type correctly. Grrr...