Welcome, 2008!!!
We spent a quiet New Years Eve at home this year with our family. With two little ones, the party invites we got just don't hold the same appeal. Initially, it looked like it was just going to be us, since there is a nasty cold ravaging our family right now. But then, one by one, different family members called and our party grew! I guess we all decided that it would be more fun to all be sick together than everyone moping at home alone. Sarah and Eric came, my parents, Aunt CoCo and Leighanne, and also a 5-year-old boy I was baby-sitting. (Yeah, go figure. My daughter is already spending New Years with a boy twice her age. *sigh* Are we in for it!!!) I made a bunch of Mexican food, too much as usual, and everyone brought all kinds of healthy food like cookies, cupcakes, chips, pop, etc... It was quite the wild party with all of us crazies: We watched a corny old movie (The Burbs, one of our all-time favorites) and played Plug & Play Wheel of Fortune and Clue DVD. We all managed to stay awake past midnight AND finish our Clue game, once we figured out we were playing it wrong. (Hey, all these new-fangled contraptions are hard for us simple folk to figure out.) At midnight we broke out the bubbly, non-alcoholic of course, and toasted the New Year with British accents we all mysteriously acquired while playing Clue. It was lots of fun, even with all the sneezing and coughing going on. I managed to completely lose my voice, much to the delight of my hubby and children. (Lately every time I get the slightest cold, my voice is gone.) Of course, my kids are like alarm clocks and woke up at 8:00 on the nose as usual. This is NOT fun when I didn't get to sleep till about 3:00!!!! (I am getting too old for this.) Anyway, thanks to everyone who came over - we had a great time!!
Happy New Year to all our family and friends!!!! We look forward to all the exciting things God has in store for all of us this year!

1 comment:
Ohhh sounds like fun! Need more info on this Clue game, please!
Post a Comment