I am 32 weeks today... and they decided to let me stay home!!!!! I would do two happy dances if I was allowed to get up.
The tests yesterday showed everything as still stable. My mom drove me to the hospital and carted me around the hospital in my royal chariot (okay, it was a wheelchair, but royal chariot sounds cooler). This is no small task, since she had to shuffle me between the clinic (where they examine me) and the Perinatal Assessment Center (where they examine my littlest guy), which are three floors apart and on opposite sides of the women's hospital. Factor in that I weigh more than my mom, and she got a workout. She did get to watch the ultrasound though, for the first time, and see the little munchkins having a party in there.
I met with a specialist, who pointed out (as we'd already discussed) that "stable" is not the same as "better." This condition does not correct itself, and although we are grateful that it has not worsened, it's still there. No one thought the little guy would hold on for FOUR weeks. In fact they were all figuring on days instead of weeks. Now, this changes things. After four weeks, the risks of leaving him in with this condition start to outweigh the benefits, and the risk of still birth starts to increase. So, although we are all thrilled that he has made it this far, we are scheduling a delivery for two weeks if nothing changes between now and then. Two weeks sounds like a long time, considering they are shocked he made it this far, but he obviously likes to surprise us!!!! But to avoid other complications, they feel it is best to take them at 34 weeks, when they have a good chance, then to leave them and risk something worse happening to the mini munchkin. The larger twin is doing well, and seems like he could handle birth at 34 weeks. (As much as you can predict anything like that.)
I personally don't think I will last two more weeks! I am huge, miserable, and sick all the time now. I am afraid I will go into labor before then, and the doctor said if I do, they will not stop it. Although one twin is so small, my belly doesn't know this and is bigger than someone who is nine months pregnant! (I am seven months.) I have also started throwing up again, since my stomach is being crushed, and this makes it hard to stay hydrated and has worsened my anemia. In spite of all this complaining, though, I really don't want them to be born yet!!! I know the discomforts (okay, misery) I am dealing with now is worth it if it means giving them a better start in life. So I will take a lesson from my littlest baby and just keep hanging in there! Not to mention, I know the real work starts once I have TWO little ones to take care of. Maybe I just won't move out of my in-laws... (hee, hee, now we'll see if she reads my blog...)
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

5 comments:
Praise the Lord!! I will continue to pray that the Lord will give you the grace and strength that you and Chad and the family need, grace and strength that only HE can supply. Wow only 2 more weeks, then the real fun begins.
Aunt Coco
I didn't know you were still blogging, but saw your status change on Facebook so I checked your blog. I am in awe over what God is doing in your life, young lady. I know this isn't the fun pregnancy that women wish for, but it's so filled with God moments it's unreal!! You're now at 32 weeks!!! WOW!!! That's more than awesome that's... a word they haven't created yet, seriously!
As I wipe the tears that have been flowing down my cheeks since I started playing catch up on your blog, I'm reminded of a verse that comes to mind whenever I face storms of any kind... Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God." I'm going to email you what I read this morning because I think it will give you strength during this final stretch of your pregnancy but wanted to at least share the verse here.
I also wanted to say that I am so proud of you and Chad. As I've mentioned to you before, I think it's awesome how in spite of all the ups and downs of this roller coaster ride you’ve both been on, you've kept a positive attitude (yes, you've had your moments, but you are human like the rest of us) and the reason you’ve had a positive attitude is because you're keeping your eyes on the Lord. You're having faith that he will be there for you, no matter what lies ahead. Those aren't just words you're using, I know you really mean it because your attitude shows it. It's easy to type those words on a blog, but it's not so easy to fake it when you're standing there face-to-face with me or talking on the phone with me. I've been in your presence on days when you got some not-so-great news, I've talked with you on the phone during those times as well and not once have I heard a defeatist attitude coming from you. You’re being a shining example of faith in the midst of the storm, don’t let anyone tell you differently either. Your love for God as well as your love for your unborn children is obvious. Keep doing what you’re doing, Angela. No matter what lies ahead, good or bad, you will be able to say with all sincerity, “God is good” and mean it with all your heart. I love you more than words can say.
Love,
Aunt Jeannine
I'm so happy for you! 32 weeks is WONDERFUL!!!! I think your little guy may surprise you. In my experience the little guys tend to do better b/c they've been under more stress fighting the bigger twin for food and growing space. I am SO glad that the bigger one is doing so well too. A lot of times they get way too much fluid in their sack and have a whole other set of problems from the little twin. God is so good!
I know I haven't called, to be honest with you I know you need your rest and I am sure you are probably constantly having to talk to people, Dr.'s and take calls and I know you are here and there between dr. visits, your house and your caretakers etc. I don't want to be someone that takes that extra few minutes of precious rest you need away.
I just wanted to let you know we have been praying for you for a while now. I have lots of close friends of mine who are faithfully praying for you guys as well. Matter of fact it was such a blessing to hear how Chad lost his job (that part wasn't the blessing matter of fact my heart sank into my stomach when I heard that) and how GOD ANSWERED PRAYER so FAST and helped him to get a new job so quickly. That really encouraged me in my prayer life and everyone I told that are praying for you guys were really happy to hear too! Just keep taking it a day at a time. Just stay close to the Lord and he will see you through all of this. It is a scary windy road I am sure with no light to see your next step or the outcome but God will take you one step at a time. Just know you have a lot of people (people you don't even know) faithfully praying for you and your family! We love you!
Love,
Jess
Thank you so much for all the prayers and support!!! We have seen God work in so many amazing ways throughout this whole ordeal, both in good times and bad.
Elizabeth - the specialist actually discussed that with us recently! He warned us that size alone doesn't determine which child has a harder time, since the small one is used to struggling for everything. The only bad side effects the larger one has had (from too much fluid) so far is an enlarged heart, but as their fluid has balancd out his heart has improved. The walls are still thickened, but nowhere near as bad as it was.
Post a Comment