This past week went very well as far as the monitoring and testing of the babies. After the initial bad results on Monday, every other test after that showed the smaller twin as stable with no more signs of reverse flow. (A few tests even showed some forward flow, which is a good thing.) Now if he would just GROW a litte more!!!! On Thursday I got another exam and I had not dilated any further. (I'm hovering betweeen 3 and 4. If your cervix can hover...) So, my specialist came in and said I could go home for the weekend if I followed her conditions strictly. Basically, total bedrest, lots of fluids, don't try to take care of my kids, and do frequent kick counts on the twins. This was nice since Saturday was my dad's birthday, so I was able to lay there on the couch, be waited on, and see my whole family together. We are staying with Chad's parents still, so his mom takes care of the girls during the day and Chad takes over in the evening/at night. I am going back to the hospital tomorrow for more tests and another exam, and to be honest I'm packing my bag in case they decide to admit me. On Tuesday I will be 32 weeks - a milestone we certainly didn't think we were going to reach!!! Of course I feel about 32 MONTHS pregnant, but in spite of how miserable I am, I don't want them to be born for as long as possible!!!!
My uncle has been kind enough to loan me his laptop, and I have tried to catch up here on my posting. However, if I am admitted again tomorrow, whether or not the Internet works in the hospital is sketchy... (and the IT guys at U of M, unlike the medical staff, are a bunch of jerks) What I'm driving at... I may not be able to post again for a while!!!
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment