CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Went to the specialist...

They were able to clearly identify that the babies are not in the same membrane, which greatly reduces the complications they will face. Yay! They are equal in size (also a good sign) and had strong heartbeats. They are also making an educated guess that they are identical. They can't tell for sure, but apparently it has something to do with the way the membrane is forming. I am still feeling overwhelmed with it all, but I am always happy to get good news!!! Oh, and Selah informed me that she also has two babies in her tummy. She keeps pulling up her shirt and saying, "See? Really tiny babies in there." Elianna said she has one baby. She had two but she dropped one and it got squished. Graphic, but that's what she said.

My beta levels continue to sky-rocket, though, and as a result I am feeling pretty miserable most days. I am very bored, since reading or watching movies makes me nauseous. Really all I can do is lay there all day, stare at the ceiling, and try not to throw up. Loads of fun. I try to get up and walk around a bit, but the nausea and dizziness is really heavy right now. The doctor said my levels should peak this week, then start to fade. You can guess how I'm praying!!!!

I really don't know what we would do without all the help we are getting. My doctor said the care I am getting is really helping me not get as sick as last time. My family takes turns coming over during the day to care for the girls, help around the house, and we are still getting meals from our church. The meals have been a huge blessing, since not only do they take another burden off of Chad, they have been big enough to provide not just dinner but a few lunches as well! Also, the notes and calls I've gotten always seem to come at just the time I need them. Those who have added us to your church's prayer lists - THANK YOU. We need lots and lots.. and lots of prayer. The constant sickness is wearing me down emotionally, and if it wasn't for prayer sometimes I think I'd have a nervous breakdown. Also, this is hard on Chad and all the family who are doing my job for me (plus all the extra work I cause) while I'm so sick!!!! Argh. This is definitely not the fun part.

My next appointment is the beginning of October. I will have another ultrasound and will be able to pass on more info. They are also recommending an amnio around 16 weeks, so we are praying about that. That's the update for now!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Holy moly you guys...CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow twins! :)

I hope and pray that the nausea fades quickly and you can get back to your old self.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!This is wonderful news.

Aunt Coco