CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More Big News

I am dragging myself up to the computer to update you all. I apologize that I cannot answer my e-mails individually. I appreciate them and Chad reads them all to me, but I can't sit at the computer very long. So, thanks for all of your well wishes and encouragement. It really does mean a lot to me!!! This is a difficult time emotionally, as you can imagine.

We went for my ultrasound today, and found out I am 8 weeks along giving me a due date of April 21st. (Although, they don't think I will carry full-term, but more about that later.) Being 8 weeks along is a good sign, since by 8 weeks last time around I was dehydrated, anemic, and had lost 13 pounds. (I am slightly dehydrated, but other than that no weight loss or anemia.) My hormone levels are elevated, but not quite as high as last time. (Although the doctor hastened to point out that your hormone levels double every 48 hours for the first 10-12 weeks, so I have plenty of time to get good and sick-er. Gee, thanks!!!)

Now, for the interesting part! She was checking the little jellybean for measurements, heartbeat, etc..., and then she said, "Now we'll just sweep your uterus..." That sounded vaguely like something pertaining to housework so I wasn't all that interested. I saw her stop, look serious, then lean forward. Then the words no one wants to hear from your doctor, she says, "Oh, my." Chad and I both looked at each other. What exactly do you mean by "Oh, my"? She laughed and said, "There's another baby in there!" WHAT?!?!!??! We both just stared at her with these dumb, blank looks. (Which didn't wear off for several hours.) To say we are shocked is an understatement. With my ovarian condition, having an egg mature and go through the process of ovulation is very rare. We know from Selah's existence it is not impossible, but it is very, very rare. (In fact, I got rather tired of all the nurses, techs and doctors asking me, "Are you sure you didn't take fertility drugs?" As if I'm going to slap my forehead and say, "Oh, now that you've asked me ten times, I suddenly remembered!") So, to have TWO eggs ripen at the same time is something of a medical marvel, since many people with my condition never have any. I know some day I will be in tearful awe at the miracle of it all, but now all I am thinking is, "Four kids under four years old?!??!?! AAAAAARGH!!"

Now, on a more serious note, there is a real concern. She was unable to verify that there was a membrane around each baby and is sending me to a specialist. PLEASE pray that the membrane is there, she just couldn't see it, and that it gets thicker by my next appointment so they can verify it. My appointment with the specialist is next Tuesday, and what he finds will determine whether or not I will switch to their office (which is for pregnancies with complications) or be able to stay with my regular obstetrician for the rest of the pregnancy. Either way, now there are a lot more risks and factors involved, and we will need lots and lots of prayer.

Our church has been such a blessing. We just found out that different ladies in the church are signing up to bring us meals twice a week! Since I can barely get off the couch except to go throw up, Chad is being both mommy and daddy right now. He's doing a great job, but naturally it is tiring working all day, then coming home to cook dinner, clean the house, run errands, and care for the girls. These meals will be such a huge help. In fact, they brought the first meal today, and it was DELICIOUS!!! So to anyone from my wonderful church stopping by here, THANK YOU!!!!!

Also, I am so thankful for those who have helped out with the girls. Just coming by to take them outside, feed them lunch, or take them to the park means so much to them and me! They have been having sleepovers at my mom's, and my sis has been helping out with running errands. Uncle Jon even came over and made them a picnic with McD's chicken nuggets! It is very hard not being able to care for your own children. Elianna especially is having a hard time with my illness, since she doesn't understand why I can't get off the couch all day. She is very moody and emotional right now. Selah doesn't seem to care one bit. In fact, when I do try to sit up, she yells at me, "Mommy, lay back down!" I almost think she likes me laying there on the couch all day, since it makes me accessible to her. She is constantly bringing me toys, books, and other things, and seems overall content. She pats my belly and says, "Baby in there? Tiny baby? Selah big girl, Selah hold baby?" Elianna is more interested in what names we are choosing and how much longer I'm going to be sick.

Well, I will try to keep you posted! I may have to teach Chad how to post since this is very difficult for me. Again, I'm sorry I can't answer you all individually, but I do appreciate it all more than you know. Please pray for our babies, and for God's grace as we begin this new adventure!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATUL:ATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you! TWINS! Honestly, you willnot regret it Angela. I know it's hard. I was so so so sick for my pregnancy and its normal for you to be a lot more sick with twins. Just remember IT DOES END!!! I was not thrilled about my pregnancy for about four months becasue all I could do was sit on the couch and get up to just puke in the toilet. My hair fell out, my gums bled, I couldnt eat anything....ect ect. But I'm telling you it's so worth it! You are so blessed...I cannot stress that enough. Just hang on and I will for sure be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow....TWINS!!! What an amazing God we have. To be told you can't have children so you adopted wonderful Elianna and then you had Selah and now....two more miracles are joining your family!! Those two babies are being born into a wonderful family! I will be praying for you throughout your pregnancy!
Love, Deanna

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Two babies, Im really excited for you guys! I have Wednesdays && Thursdays off, so if you need a extra hand I could take them over to Grandma & Grandpa's house for a while, since the apartment is not kids or have kids toys. Oh, I could bring Jayden over to Harvey's house and they can all have a little play group. Im so excited for you guys! If you need the help Im more then willing to help when I can.
--Nicole

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how excited we are for you guys. I am thankful we are close so we can help you out as much as possible. Praise the Lord this is no surprise to HIM!! My favorite verse is from Hebrews...I will never leave thee nor forsake thee. Hey just think you are eating for three now. LOL
The conversation between you and Sarah keeps coming to my mind...how you always wanted an even number of kids. Better think twice next time you ask for something. LOL

Love you ALL
Aunt Coco

JBBGirl said...

I have been praying so hard for you guys since I read this. My prayers are with you right now. I just pray God will give your body the strength it needs to go through this time. I am also praying that he will keep those babies strong and healthy during the entire pregnancy and that he will help you to carry them to full term or very close to it! I am praying hard! I love you both and we are there for you in heart and spirit. Even though I cannot be in person! Just lean on the Lord during this time and he will give you the peace you need. I love you all!
Love,
Jess