Only a few days into our Maryland trip, disaster strikes!!! Okay, it wasn't technically a disaster, it was a NASTY tummy bug. Yes, I am talking about all the barfing and diarrhea that you would never want to deal with. Jaycob and Aby were sick the first night, then the next morning grandma... and me! Yes, I haven't had a stomach bug in years, and I had to get one on vacation!!! (I haven't even thrown up since my pregnancy.) Ugh - it was awful. I have to admit, I was praying very fervently that God would either spare my kids, or at least let them wait until after the plane ride home. Guess what? They never got it! (Maybe God was being merciful considering my kids were battling a nasty cold already...) So, there went our grand ambitions for the rest of the week. The kids and I did manage to recover enough to play outside and enjoy the nice weather. Since we were coming from single digits and snow in Michigan, 60 degrees was just too good to pass up!!!



The sidewalk chalk was a huge hit, especially when Aunt Mellie drew a road complete with scenery.




The hopscotch was a bit old for them, but Aby sure had fun jumping around, anyway! (I love her grin in that last pic.) They'll get the hang of it.

Giving Aunt Mellie a leg work-out.

Eating a yummy picnic!


Jaycob wanted to make sure the boundaries were clear, so he wrote "stop" at the end of the driveway! (At least, that's what he told us it said.) If you click on the second picture, you can see the "t"s.


1 comment:
Leg work out??? Yeah more like a butt work out!!
Post a Comment