CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 21, 2008

It's finally SPRING!!!

Yes, for real this time, we have had temps in the 70's for several days in a row. Woo-hoo. Spring in Michigan is like a jerk boyfriend. He leads you on, and just when you start to believe it's real this time *POOF* he's gone. You will start sneaking out some short sleeved shirts and a maybe pair of capris... only to wake up to frost on the ground. But I guess that jerk boyfriend we call spring knows that we will come running blissfully back as soon as we get a string of warm days, and I am no exception. I am madly in love with the weather again, although I know it will probably break my heart and snow within a week or two.

Elianna and I have been planting feverishly. I have lost count of the seed packets scattered around my house and yard, and if any of them survive her rather harsh TLC (which includes watering them delicately with the mister... then gouging the dirt with her fingers checking to see if anything is growing yet) we will have quite the variety of flowers and herbs in a couple weeks. Chad has also rototilled a big chunk for me in the back, and I am dreaming of a huge flourishing veggie garden. I am in gardening withdrawal, since we haven't had a garden since the B.C. years. (Before Children, that is.) This year I am neither pregnant (and miserably ill) nor tending an infant for the first time in three years, so look out dirt, here I come! I have been spending every available minute doing yard work, which on a 3/4 acre lot with a bunch of trees means barely keeping up. And I love every minute of it!

On a more traumatic note, I got stung by a wasp today. Not once, but twice by the same little bugger. I don't know why he copped such an attitude, all I did was lay on him. ACCIDENTALLY I might add. I was trying to deflate the girls big castle bouncer thing, and the best way is to just drape myself across it. Although, it would have been smarter to check before I did the draping. But I didn't, and rather than be understanding he decided to sting me right on my tummy. Twice. I guess I should have been smart enough to move the first time, but hey! Nobody's perfect. I ran inside and whipped up a batch of baking soda paste. I have plastered in on many a kid during my child care working days assuring them that "This will make it stop hurting." Of course, I didn't know for sure if it would or not, but it stopped the howling on their end. Well, let me tell you from first-hand experience - IT DOES! I slathered it on, and it hasn't hurt at all since. (I've heard the baking soda sucks the poison out.) And NO to answer my mom's question I was not wearing a bikini. For one thing EW! Yes, the little devil stung me through my shirt. I got even though. I grabbed my "Ortho Home Defense" insect spray and sprayed him (He was still a little groggy from having a one hundred and (AHEM) pound human lay on him, but whatever...) That didn't kill him, so I stepped on him. Twice. He was still wriggling a bit, so I grabbed a stick and jammed him down between the boards of the deck. Oh, yeah. Don't mess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note to self, never cause Angela pain...she will lay on me, stomp me, jab me with a stick and jam me down between boards. Yikes what a tramatic death. You surely had me laughing on this one.

Coco

Melanie said...

Wow!! You're a little violent!! I'll remember to never sting you!!

JBBGirl said...

OUCH! Yeah! That has got to be hurting girl! I hope your poor tums was alright! I would be a huge balloon if that happened to me. I am slightly allergic to the wasps. ICK! Glad you killed it! I would have done the same thing too! Matter of fact I did just that yesterday and I have 5045415413 cans of spray in the back yard too within an arms reach cause I hate them little buggers that much LOL! HUGS! Hope you are feeling better!