CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Missed Milestone... (Better late than never)

Ooops, I got so wrapped up in writing about the "Tornado incident" that I forgot to record the following milestones:

Elianna achieved a particularly important milestone on that camping trip- she finally learned to pedal her bike! She is still pretty sketchy sometimes, depending on the bike and the terrain, and she tends to ride backwards most of the time. But, nonetheless, she is officially pedaling! Large motor skills are not her strong suit, so I get all the more excited when she learns something new. When she first climbed the ladder and went down the slide of our play structure all by herself, I was dancing around and cheering like I was at the Olympics.

The other forgotten large motor development is: Selah has been taking a step or two here and there!!! She is good at pulling herself up, coasting on furniture, and standing alone, but walking more than a drunken stumble here and there is just not clicking yet. I forget what day she actually took her first few tentative steps, but it was a couple weeks ago... *sigh*

No comments: