CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Half Century Club!!!!!

What an odd coincidence! Both my parents and Chad's parents turn the big 5-0 this year! We decided to have a BBQ to celebrate, and it was so much fun. The weather was picture perfect, and we had so much food we ate till we were sick. Then ate some more. The menu included Spinach Artichoke Dip, Bacon Onion Wraps, Tortilla Pinwheels, Grilled Pork Chops, Glenn's Signature Roasted Redskin Potatoes, Stuffed Jalapenos, and crackers with cream cheese and my dad's secret recipe jalapeno jelly. Yum. We played Croquet and City Shoes (also called Bulls eye Washers), and all the kids played in the sand box. And by all the kids, I mean Elianna and her aunt, uncle, and uncle-to-be. (Yes I have pictures!)
We went inside for coffee and dessert (lemon pie and blueberry pie a la mode), where we sang "Happy Birthday" and they all blew out candles. Then, we settled into the living room for Family Feud. No, we didn't all start fighting, I mean we played the game! Cyndi had found the game on DVD, and we played three fierce rounds. The Vellas powered their way to a second place finish while the Harveys managed to come in next to last. Oh wait, I was on the Harvey team, so let's say it right: Harveys won!! (Hee, hee, isn't it funny how the truth can sound very different depending how you write it?) It didn't start raining until the party was over - hooray! We had a lot of fun - can't wait for the next excuse for another party...

Okay, here are the pictures!

Croquet Pictures


Elianna had lots of fun running through our Croquet game. Hey, it kept the game interesting!


Unfortunately, the game turned violent when we reached the "Poison" stage.

Playing "City Shoes." Just look at that form, that style! (Okay, the game lasted forever since they all pretty much stunk at it.)

Everyone stuffed their faces with lots of yummy food.


Just the guys hanging out

The "kids" play in the sandbox


The HALF CENTURY CLUB


We only did one candle each, you know how weak the lungs of the elderly can be...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I already gave you the next excuse for the next party, but you refused!! I'm beginning to think its me....

Angela said...

Ummmm... refresh my memory?

JBBGirl said...

Now it is no longer the Bold and the Beautiful it is the "OLD and the Cratchety". So sorry Couldn't resist! I gotta Raz on them a little bit! Happy 50th old folks! Just kidding! Love you guys!